I had my 16 week appointment on Monday (at 15 weeks and 4 days). The nurse bet us $1 that Beanie is a boy because it took a while to hear the heart beat due to the fact that the kiddo was wiggling all around. The nurse said that girls never give her that much trouble. (I personally think she just hasn't dealt with my kiddos before....please refer to the 12 week ultrasound where Nora stood on her head for 2 1/2 hours!).
- I FEEL BETTER! :) I have small episodes of nausea each day...but the constant desire to vomit is gone! Wooohoooo!
- Beanie's heart rate is still right around 160 bpm.
- Weight gain - about 3 pounds.
- Maternity clothes - all. the. time.
- Cravings? - Eh. I can eat since the nausea has almost entirely gone away...but still nothing really sounds good. I had a random craving for a chocolate cake donut last weekend. Dan was sweet enough to bring me some. :)
- Blood pressure (for those of you who don't know - I was induced at 38 weeks with Nora because of gestational hypertension) - currently couldn't be better. The last two readings at the doctor's office were 106/70 and 116/68.
- Blood sugar (I also had a total debacle with my first pregnancy when I passed out during the glucose tolerance test. I had to act like I had gestational diabetes - low carb diet and checking my blood sugar...no one still is certain whether I actually had a problem or not) - this new practice is letting me wait until 28 weeks to take the glucose tolerance test. They ARE, however, already encouraging me to follow a lower carb diet. Guess it was good I enjoyed
- Anything else interesting? Sigh. I've already had an inappropriate belly rub. What is it with people?
Bump picture (16 weeks):
And just because it is HILAROUS (please note the sarcasm), let's compare that to my 16 week picture when I was pregnant with Nora:
Ha ha ha ha ha ha....Seriously?
Nora is already adamant that she wants a princess party for her birthday (3 1/2 months away). She's been certain for almost a month now...so I suppose we will go with it.
Overall, Nora is doing well. She seems to be calming down a little bit about the baby in Mommy's tummy, she is LOVING arts and crafts these days, and she seems to be thriving at school.